To accelerate the development and domestic manufacture of large format advanced technology batteries in the United States for transportation and large scale energy storage applications consistent with the national goals of enhancing energy security and increasing carbon-free electricity generation.
- To promote the increased manufacture of large format advanced batteries and electrochemical capacitors in the United States.
- To accelerate commercialization of emerging electro-chemical energy storage technology by facilitating greater collaboration among private industry, research institutions and government laboratories.
- To educate industry, consumers and financial markets about the benefits of large format advanced batteries and ultra capacitors and about technological advances in their design, use and manufacture.
- To provide information to industry members that will promote greater collaboration, market efficiency and profitability.
- To promote standardization of advanced large format battery cell and system design in the United States with a view to reducing the cost of manufacturing and using such batteries in transportation and large scale energy storage applications.
- To advocate for public policies that will increase market demand for advanced battery systems as the primary source of power in transportation and as an essential component of renewable energy generation systems.
- To promote the recycling of and development of aftermarkets for large format advanced batteries.