To promote the commercial interests of our members by supporting developments in the science of and markets for advanced electrochemical energy storage technology in North America consistent with the goals of enhancing energy efficiency, reducing petroleum dependence and enabling carbon-free electricity generation.
- To promote job creation and intellectual property development in the advanced battery industry in North America.
- To interface with and promote collaboration among industry groups focused on advanced battery technology outside of North America, including China, Europe, Japan and Korea.
- To build relationships among companies engaged in advanced electrochemical energy storage in order to enhance commercial opportunities for our members.
- To accelerate commercialization of emerging electrochemical energy storage technology by facilitating greater collaboration among private industry, research institutions and government laboratories in North America.
- To integrate electricity storage into the ecosystem of the power system in North America.
- To educate industry, consumers and financial markets about advanced electrochemical energy storage technology and its benefits.
- To advocate for public policies that increase market demand for vehicles and systems incorporating advanced electrochemical energy storage technology.
- To promote the recycling of and development of aftermarkets for advanced batteries and electrochemical energy storage systems in North America.