Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
Think Big, Test Small, Fail Fast, Learn Quick.
That’s how we work in our Office of the CTO, where our focus is to help drive company's valuation through technology and business model innovation in core, new and adjacent markets, exploiting global disruptions with materials engineering.
Our CTO is hiring for a Director of Product Marketing, Li-ion products. The incumbent in this position provides leadership and direction through managers and as an individual contributor on marketing activities in the Li-ion battery industry. Is accountable for the performance and results all aspects of Product Management. Executes product business plans and contributes to the development of product strategy. Decisions are guided by product group strategy and priorities. Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area.
- Provides leadership and direction through managers to ensure that overall marketing function is effectively meeting the organization’s strategic goals in the Li-ion market.
- Directs the development of market requirements for specific products or product lines including product strategy definition, requirement analysis, technology product roadmaps and pricing associated with Li-ion manufacturing.
- Direct and controls the activities of a marketing and product management and leads effective marketing and cross-functional teams
- Directs the development of business plans, assesses market penetration and product positioning to drive competitive advantage, revenue and market share.
- Creates market requirements document and works with engineering to develop the product specifications.
- Recommends to GM how to most effectively deploy resources to achieve business goals for a segment/ functional area
- Directs the competitive analysis of specific products or product lines. Monitors market research, competitive activity and identifies/evaluates customer needs; assess competitive advantages and recommends techniques and product enhancements to increase market penetration.
- Demonstrates expert understanding of pricing strategies to build and protect a leadership position in market share while enhancing profit margins and developing marketing tools for successful product introductions
- Manages product introduction, product support, and documentation requirements
- Manages development of modeling including: materials costs, manufacturing costs, value/price analysis
- Creates product messaging, as well as internal and external presentations.
- Drives effective interface with engineering, manufacturing and sales to develop new products and enhance existing products as well as communicate critical market needs and time requirements
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of product management, product development, technical marketing, forecasting, cost analysis and value based pricing, customer relationship management
- Applies broad industry and commercial awareness to drive financial and operational performance across business unit, department or sub-functions
- Leads through subordinate managers of managers; executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy
- Directs the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Guided by segment/functional strategy, impacts results of a department, business unit or sub-function or facilitates the work done by other segments/functions by providing support to impact the business
- Negotiates and influences the opinions of others at the senior executive level and in external organizations; exercises sensitivity to the audience
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 15+ Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.