Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
Think Big, Test Small, Fail Fast, Learn Quick.
That’s what we do in our Office of the CTO, where our focus is to help drive company's valuation through technology and business model innovation in core, new and adjacent markets, exploiting global disruptions with materials engineering.
Our CTO is hiring a Market Analyst of the Li-ion Battery industry to be the recognized expert in our company. The incumbent in this position anticipates internal and or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements. Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business. Contributes to the development of functional strategy. Leads project teams to achieve milestones and objectives. Focus on Li-ion battery manufacturing costs, including materials, and value add of improved performance. Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirements.
- Research product marketing trends and conduct unique and complex benchmarking analysis of the company’s markets, competition and product mix versus the competition (e.g. Product Marketing, Strategic Marketing, Technical Marketing)
- Owns collection and use of market sizing and segmentation data in the BU strategy and marketing process.
- Understands L-ion Battery supply chain, including cost analysis of materials and manufacturing of the battery.
- Recognized as an expert and contribute to abstract product road maps and conducts value-based pricing/margin analysis
- Provide unique and complex product forecasts. Develop product financial plans including cost reductions, margin maintenance and return on investment goals
- Assist the field teams with direct marketing of key products to key accounts
- Collects and analyzes data for Red Team analysis and annual and quarterly Business reviews
- Focuses on KPU growth by tracking and analyzing data.
- Develop product adoption strategies and assist to define product development priorities
- Regarded as the technical expert in the area of Li-ion battery manufacturing
- Demonstrates in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the function
Anticipates business and regulatory issues; recommends product, process or service improvements
Leads projects with notable risk and complexity; develops the strategy for project execution
Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
Impacts the direction and resource allocation for program, project or services; works within general functional policies and industry guidelines
Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view #li
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7-10 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.