XL seeking an experienced Buyer charged with processing purchasing requisitions from the production, engineering, and R&D teams. The Buyer will be responsible for creating purchase orders, managing vendor communication, and collaborating to help answer vendor questions pertaining to first article information and engineering design. The successful candidate for this position has experience in the manufacturing industry and a solid understanding of procurement.
About XL Hybrids:
XL is an exciting, high-growth hybrid vehicle technology company founded by MIT alumni. We have developed cutting-edge technology and commercialized electrification and connectivity products for the commercial vehicle sector (vans, trucks, and buses) to become the leader in the North American market. We are a small but rapidly growing team, with a state-of- the-art engineering facility based in Boston. We are looking for high-energy, creative, and ambitious people to join our development team.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits, a fun work environment and the opportunity to enter a high-growth startup company. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling challenging technical problems.
• Full-time position in the Boston office
• Develop an efficient process for monitoring all open purchase orders
• Create RFQs and distribute to multiple suppliers
• Work with Supply Chain Manger to select the best vendor(s)
• Deliver a weekly purchase order report to finance that indicates the vendor invoice number for all closed purchase orders
• Work with the inventory management team to ensure that all deliveries satisfy the assigned purchase orders and report any back-ordered or missing products
• Assist the Inventory Manager with maintaining proper inventory levels of materials used on a regular basis
• Collaborate with the Receiving Manager and engineering team to verify quality of goods upon receipt
• Improve the bottom line by reducing cost of goods sold
• Increase supplier diversification and manage risks
• Perform key user functions in the ERP system
• Assist with physical receiving and recording of receipts into ERP system
• Will be asked to expedite shipments
• Adjust purchasing plan to reflect service and R&D needs on an ad hoc basis
• Asked to support service purchases
• Asked to support R&D purchases
• Asked to support capital expense purchases
• Candidate will report to the Supply Chain Manager
Additional Responsibilities based on experience/interests
• XL is a dynamic, growth business, so joining our team means that you will have a wide scope of work and responsibilities that may shift with rapidly growing areas of the business.
Please apply on our website ( XLFleet.com )