Viridi Parente, Inc. (Viridi) is a disruptive energy company for the 21st century and beyond. Our proprietary Lithium-ion (Li-ion) energy storage systems (ESS) are powering the future of mobile and in-place energy usage. We deliver customer-focused solutions, blending environmentally conscious products with a bottom-line mentality. The result is a better product that outperforms non-renewable technologies and provides the flexibility to unlock renewable applications.
Viridi is a fast-growing startup environment with an eye towards the future. The development of several strategic partnerships with billion-dollar companies poises Viridi for aggressive expansion.
We are looking for an experienced Vice President ESS with a genuine passion for building the next great innovation in Li-ion ESS performance, safety, and functionality. A desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company is a must.
As VP ESS you will take a leading role in providing cost-effective, competitive, product development and commercialization of Viridi ESS products. The position is based in Buffalo, NY, and you will report to the President of Viridi.
Are you hungry for a new challenge with a revolutionary manufacturer creating a clean energy solution for the future?
Do you have a passion for innovation and excellence?
Could you see yourself thriving at the helm of an emerging business?
If so, you may be our next Vice President Energy Storage Systems.
- Oversee all ESS product design development activities, and transition to production, including:
- Interpretation, feasibility analysis, and dissemination of customer requirements and regulations
- DFMEA / risk analysis and mitigation plans
- Design validation test plans
- Establish design guidelines and protocols for ESS product development
- Serve as Viridi ESS Technical Expert in meetings with customers and prospective clients
- Stay current on industry and emerging trends in ESS design, modeling, and simulation. Develop technology and innovation roadmap to ensure competitiveness
- Conceive and develop novel technologies, modeling & simulation approaches, internally and through the identification of external collaborative opportunities
- Identify and establish working relationships with and leverage best-in-class product and technology development partners
- Support quality value engineering (QVE) and cost-out projects for existing and new designs
- Perform other duties as required
- Li-ion ESS design and application background and experience is required. Candidates with 2+ years of experience leading product development are preferred
- Preference for candidates with cell, module, and ESS design and manufacturing experience
- Broad understanding and relevant experience of technology, engineering, and analysis tools are important for this position. Applicable areas include mechanical, electrical, structural, and thermal design, as well as engineering simulations and CAE analysis
- Analytical and results oriented approach with hands-on mentality to support daily operation and business globally
- Experience with agency approvals (UL, CE, etc.) is beneficial but not required
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) and ability to discuss technical issues with wide range of audiences
- High level of dedication to meeting customer requests and time commitments
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to seamlessly move from strategic planning to tactical implementation
- Global interaction is required with Viridi supply chain management in China as well as with international customers, suppliers, and partners
- Occasional travel to other locations and customer sites as necessary
- Willingness to support a variety of projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in engineering, and 5+ years of work experience
- Good English written and oral communications skills required. Elementary proficiency (or higher) in Mandarin is beneficial but not required
- Hands-on management function experience demonstrating strong initiative and leadership skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities and function well under time pressure
- Good communication skills and teamwork spirit
- Honest, reliable, easy going, and open minded
- Proactively promote a safe work environment