Help bring research to life and drive your career forward with the National Research Council of Canada (NRC), Canada's largest research and technology organization.
We are looking for a vibrant and dynamic Battery Manufacturing Engineer to support our Automotive and Surface Transportation (AST) Research Centre. The Engineer would be someone who shares our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Respect and Creativity. As an employer who values diversity in its workforce, we encourage candidates to self-identify as members of the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
The core activities of the Engineer is to advance NRC's expertise in advanced materials and components manufacturing processes for energy generation and storage systems.
We are looking for specialized candidates capable of:
- Being responsible for a state-of-the-art pilot line for manufacturing of components and systems for R & D and industrial projects related to the field of energy storage;
- Developing and implementing quality control protocols and processes
- Conducting autonomously, in collaboration with the researchers and technical officers involved, as well as the project managers, development work, modification and optimization of equipment and methods, battery design and prototyping, tests and evaluations of materials, components, electrodes, cells and batteries;
- Contributing to the development of business opportunities and the preparation of project proposals and being responsible for managing projects
- Producing data and ensuring their quality, performing data analysis and producing technical, research and publication reports on testing, evaluation and R&D projects results;
- Providing expertise in advanced manufacturing and acting as a technical resource to internal and external clients and partners;
- Participating in the development of new facilities and infrastructure or new tools.
Applicants must demonstrate within the content of their application that they meet the following screening criteria in order to be given further consideration as candidates:
Bachelor degree in Engineering, Science or Applied Science.
Preference may be given to candidates with a degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- Significant experience in industrial environment in the field of advanced manufacturing and instrumentation;
- Significant experience in establishing and maintaining a safe working environment based on health and safety regulations and legislation;
- Significant experience in applying inherent principles to the entire engineering process for the fabrication of electrochemical components, as well as analysis and reporting;
- Significant experience in experimental design and analysis, including data collection and analysis, data generation and data quality assurance;
- Basic experience in business development, marketing activities, and/or the development of partnerships and collaborations.
Condition of Employment
Bilingual Imperative BBB/BBB
Candidates will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
- Ability in developing battery manufacturing processes and instrumentation;
- Solid knowledge of quality control methods and processes;
- Solid knowledge in automation, design and technical drawing;
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations in a laboratory/plant;
- Knowledge of project management’s best practices in industry;
- Knowledge of electrochemical systems and roll-to-roll manufacturing techniques.
** PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED THROUGH OUR CAREER PORTAL WILL BE CONSIDERED ***